Re: Compiling libcurl on unsupported platform

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 20:20:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 19 Aug 2010, Alan Wolfe wrote:

> I'm looking to compile libcurl on a platform that doesnt seem to be
> currently supported (xbox 360)

Isn't that running something similar to win32?

Start off by reading: http://curl.haxx.se/docs/internals.html

> Is there a specific file that has the os specific functionality?

No. libcurl assumes that your OS has POSIX(-like) networking functions and a
bunch of other APIs, or you need to provide them. All source files are thus
written to be generic, and are controlled by #ifdefs for specific features.

If your build environment can't run configure, you make your own
config-[target].h header file and make sure that is included like the current
win32, symbian or os400 headers are used.

> Also i noticed there are a lot of checks for things like HAVE_SYS_SOCKET_H,
> do i just need to make some defines somewhere to specify what this platform
> does and does not have?

That's what you do in the config-xbox360.h header, yes!

If you're lucky, editing that file gets you all the way.

If you run into problems or have further questions, just shout here!