Re: mk-ca-bundle.lua

From: Jeff Pohlmeyer <yetanothergeek_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 13:28:12 -0500

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 11:27 AM, Guenter wrote:

> woah -- terrible fast! I first thought it didnt even work but found the
> ca-bundle.crt created fine ...
> Therefore I added a final output:

> +io.write("Done (",numcerts," CA certs processed).\n")

Looks good. All the other output is done with io.stderr:write() but I guess
it doesn't make that much difference.

> - local curl_rv=os.execute(".curl --fail -Ss "..url..' -o '..certdata_txt)
> + local curl_rv=os.execute("curl --fail -Ss "..url..' -o '..certdata_txt)

> oh, and I removed the leading dot with the curl comamnd so that it can be
> found through seach path; or did you have a special reason why you only
> wanted to loo into current dir?

Oh no! That dot was actually sort of a "unit test" to see how the script
would behave if curl wasn't found. I intended to remove it before posting,
but I forgot.

> (BTW. this was my 1st attempt to modify a lua script, so please correct me
> if I done it wrong)

Looks like you did just fine, thanks for the review!

 - Jeff