Re: Receive Multicast RTP Data

From: Christopher Conroy <cconroy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 23:41:38 -0400

On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 3:05 AM, Jess Hmby <tyo7_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone has tried receiving RTP data from a multicast address? I can receive video in unicast mode  but I guess that I'm missing something for multicast. I tell the server that I'm going to get the data via multicast and so I get the multicast address and port in the setup reply but what should I do with that ?
>
> Jess H.

If you're receiving over multicast then cURL is not nvolved with the
RTP datastream. You either have a problem in the server or in your
application.

You'll need to make sure that you have set the IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP for
the correct multicast group on the right interface. Also, make sure
that the multicast packets are actually reaching your destination!
Many consumer routers will drop multicast packets by default.

--
Chris Conroy