Re: ares_init or ares_dup in curl_easy_duphandle

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 23:57:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, Ning Dong wrote:

> In curl_easy_duphandle, when USE_ARES the ares channel of new easy handle is
> created by calling ares_init. That's not good.
>
> I think ares_dup should be used under such circumstance.

Oh indeed. Thanks! This flaw makes an easy handle created with
curl_easy_duphandle() not work correctly, doesn't it?

ares_dup() was not added until c-ares 1.6.0 so it is fairly recent. We need to
add a configure check for it. I'm thinking if we can fix this for earlier
c-ares versions or perhaps if we're better off just raising the requirements.

Thoughts (anyone) ?