Re: ares_init or ares_dup in curl_easy_duphandle

From: Dirk Manske <dm_at_nonitor.de>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:29:53 +0200

On Thursday 26 August 2010 23:57:34 Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> ares_dup() was not added until c-ares 1.6.0 so it is fairly recent. We need to
> add a configure check for it. I'm thinking if we can fix this for earlier
> c-ares versions or perhaps if we're better off just raising the requirements.
>
> Thoughts (anyone) ?
Yes: raise the requirement.
Don't waste your time with supporting old libs.

Also I guess people using curl with c-ares are smart enough to update their
c-ares installation...

Maybe you should also raise the required version number for libssh,
than you don't have to push lazy people to use a newer version if they
are reporting problems, which are possibly caused by a 3rd party.

Just my 2ct,
dm.