Re: Curl, threading and gethostbyname

From: Christian Mauduit <ufoot_at_ufoot.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 17:19:50 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Thu, August 26, 2010 11:41 pm, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> If you use a timeout in your application that could very well explain the
> crash and the subsequent fix with CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL, as libcurl uses
> signals to
> timeout name synch resolves by default.
Was skeptical about this since I do not explicitely use timeouts via
signals, but I realized as I linked against other libraries, one of them
might do so. Indeed, I found out that libsqlite3 does use SIGALRM, and
guess what, googling on that gives topics about thread safety...

I'm confident the issue is solved, I had my daemon running today for 6
hours like a charm when it crashed after 5 minutes or even 30 sec before
disabling signals.

Thanks for your valuable help,

Christian.

--