Re: HELP: how can i send POST by using IPv6 address?

From: Dirk Manske <dm_at_nonitor.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 12:22:55 +0200

On Friday 03 September 2010 09:01:13 xiusandake_at_yahoo.co.jp wrote:
> >That happend both with standard and threaded resolver.
> >But if curl is compiled with c-ares, it looks ok:
> ># src/curl -v 'http://\[3000:458:ff01:ff03:abcd:2e20:0:2\]:8080/'
> >* About to connect() to 3000:458:ff01:ff03:abcd:2e20:0:2 port 8080 (#0)
> >* couldn't connect to host
> >* Closing connection #0
> >curl: (7) couldn't connect to host
> >So, you've found a bug.
>
> thank you very much for answer this mail!!
Have you read the reply from Daniel Sternberg? According to
his tests it should work neverless which resolver is used.

You have not told us which curl version you use. Call
'curl --version' and be sure that you call the right curl
binary. Sometimes people have a curl installation from
their distribution and a self compiled one.

The output must contain "IPv6".

> can you tell me how to compiled curl with c-ares?
First install c-ares (http://c-ares.haxx.se/) then
then use the --enable-ares=path flag of curl's configure
script before compiling.