Re: Problem with NTLM AUTH

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 19:47:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Sep 2010, Dlpnet wrote:

> I m trying to add proxy support to my application using libcurl.
> Though everything works well using Basic Auth I cannot make it work
> with NTLM. I tried to google some information and I saw some others
> had qui te the same problem some time ago but I couldn t find the
> solution.
>
> So first of all my config:
> libcurl version 7.20
> OS: Win (XP/Vista)
> C++, VS 9
> Proxy Server: Squid 2.7 on Win7

I'm curious! Why do you select NTLM on purpose when you have an open source
proxy that offers "real" protocols?

> I tested the NTLM authentication with Firefox/Chrome and IE and I can access
> the internet trhough the proxy using NTLM. But I cannot guarantee the
> problem is coming from the libcurl, so you can find hereafter the logs of my
> request.

Just the other day someone on curl-users said that things aren't done
correctly in NTLM land when the 'domain\' thing is involved, but there hasn't
been any solution of further clues brought in that thread.

I'm afraid some good old fashioned debugging is what's required to get to the
bottom of your problem.