Re: Cross-compiling libcurl x86 on Linux x64

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 14:57:40 -0700

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 10:42:03PM +0100, Tom Edwards wrote:
> Like I said, I always get a 64-bit binary. I don't know what the -devel
> libraries are, but I've happily built other 32-bit binaries and I'm not
> getting any actual errors from libcurl's make. Here are the commands I'm
> running:

You need the 32-bit developer packages for any 32 bit libraries you want
curl to use. It sounds like you have at least a 32 bit glibc available if
you're able to build some 32 bit libraries, but libcurl will use OpenSSL,
LDAP, ZLIB, IDN and other libraries and you need 32 bit versions of those
to have libcurl use them. I don't know what will happen if you have only
32 bit glibc and not the others; I would expect it to build a 32-bit curl
with minimal features.

> $ ./configure --host i686-pc-linux-gnu
> $ make
> $ file ./lib/.libs/libcurl.so.4.2.0
> ./lib/.libs/libcurl.so.4.2.0: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64,
> version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, not stripped

What does one of the gcc lines look like as it compiles one of the .c
files?

>>> Dan