Re: current issues

From: Daniel Johnson <daniel.johnson31_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 12:01:26 -0400

On Sep 21, 2010, at 10:33 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Hendrik Visage wrote:
>
>> Okay, then please email me what people are having trouble with, then I can fix them etc. ;)
>
> I committed and pushed your patch a while ago, please get the latest git/snapshot and see how it works for you!

I built this on 10.6 successfully, however the new versioning scheme is broken. The library gets installed in Versions/Release-$VERSION instead of Versions/A like it previously did, which means that anything linked to the previous framework will fail at runtime. Even worse, going forward, every release will be incompatible with every other one. You're essentially changing the SONAME (install_name in darwin-speak) with each version. The 'A' directory should only change when the major library version changes. The current version is 4 so when it goes to 5, the Versions directory can change to 'B' or '5' or whatever but not before.

Daniel