Re: curl_multi and failed connections

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 23:28:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Apurva Mehta wrote:

> [ In the following, the libcurl version is 7.19.4 and it is running on
> RHEL4u7 (linux kernel 2.6.9-80). ]

As always, getting the latest libcurl and trying that first is a good start.
Even if you can't easily upgrade your product or whatever it is still very
useful information and helps a lot.

> So it seems like there was an error in connection establishment and somehow
> libcurl cannot detect that and keeps spinning expecting data on the socket.
> The process in question has been spinning for several hours now.

Can you reproduce it easily? If so, what does it take to repeat it? (This is
less important if the bug isn't present in 7.21.1 anymore...)

> Is this a known issue? Are there any suggested workarounds?

I don't recognize the sympthoms but we've done 7 releases since in which we've
fixed at least 212 bugs.