Re: [Patch] Rewrite of security.c?

From: Julien Chaffraix <julien.chaffraix_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 01:06:19 -0700

Hey,

> You are right, it should not have been touched. The new logic has
> swapped buf and data so just revert all the changes to the method
> (|data| should not be const...).
>
> I will investigate why this was not detected by the existing test cases.

OK, I managed to install a krb5+ftp server and tried cURL on it. It
looks like the feature was broken even before my changes (I suspect a
change in late 2009 but I did not bisect). This means that our
coverage is inexistent (sorry for pushing untested changes I should
have seen that! :-/).

Is there some documentation about how to integrate new features into
our test harness? (I really would like to see the code tested to
prevent further regressions - including memory leaks)

I have fixed my changes and made ftp + krb5-gssapi work again.
Attached are the several changes needed to get everything working
again.

I am still investigating some memory leaks related to gssapi (we never
free the gss_context_id_t). I will post the changes once I have
figured out who is the culprit of some remaining leaks.

Comments appreciated!
Julien