Re: [Patch] Rewrite of security.c?

From: Julien Chaffraix <julien.chaffraix_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 22:24:52 -0700

>> Is there some documentation about how to integrate new features into our
>> test harness?
>
> I don't think we have anything particular written on how to add new things
> to test. The basic premise is that the tests run against a test server that
> outputs data and that stores the entire protocol "conversation" and when the
> test shot is complete the runtests script verifies that it got the correct
> data and that the protocol dump looks correct. It additionally also checks
> for memory leaks using the internal memory leak tool and/or valgrind.

OK, I will first dig more deeply into the runtests perl magic :-)

> If you give it a look and get stuck on some details, please just ask
> specific questions and I'll try to answer them. We could also take this
> opportunity and start producing a document for "how to add new stuff to the
> test suite"...

I will try to document what I find along the way. I don't intent to
start this before the approaching release though.

>> I have fixed my changes and made ftp + krb5-gssapi work again. Attached
>> are the several changes needed to get everything working again.
>
> Great. As I don't have a test server/system setup for ths and you do, I'd
> say you are in the better position to judge these changes and I'll happily
> allow you to commit and push these changes yourself to the git repo.

Thanks, I went ahead and pushed the changes to the repo. If anyone is
using such a setup, please feel free to test and report the issues you
have!

Julien