Re: AWS Authentication Support

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2010 13:40:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Jean-Philippe Steinmetz wrote:

> I'm currently working on converting a library from Java to C++ that
> communicates with a RESTful web services server and uses Amazon's S3
> Authentication scheme. I found a previous thread discussing a patch
> regarding support. I was wondering what the current status of support is?

There is no support for AWS[1] in libcurl and to my knowledge there's nobody
working on making that happen.

Personally, I'm reluctant to add native libcurl support for a protocol that is
made and used by one company alone that never involved IETF or a similar
organization/process.

There are lots of libs and tools already written for AWS support, one of those
even uses curl[2].

[1] =
http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/AmazonS3/2006-03-01/index.html?RESTAuthentication.html

[2] = http://developer.amazonwebservices.com/connect/entry.jspa?externalID=128