no_proxy being ignored

From: Charles Brown <charles.brown_at_sensis.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2010 14:06:34 -0400

All,

   I've searched the archives for this issue, and see several similar
threads that indicate I shouldn't be having this issue, so I need some
help figuring out what I'm missing.

   I have cURL 7.19.6, running latest XAMPP on Ubuntu, with the
following proxy settings;

$ env | grep proxy
http_proxy=http://proxy:3128/
FTP_PROXY=ftp://proxy:3128/
ftp_proxy=ftp://proxy:3128/
all_proxy=socks://proxy:3128/
ALL_PROXY=socks://proxy:3128/
HTTPS_PROXY=https://proxy:3128/
https_proxy=https://proxy:3128/
no_proxy=localhost,127.0.0.0/8

My PHP script uses the following curl code

         $c = curl_init();
         curl_setopt ($c, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
         curl_setopt ($c, CURLOPT_URL, $url);
         $contents = curl_exec($c);
         curl_close($c);

where the problem $url starts with http://localhost:8080/....

The $contents returned from curl is a "URL could not be retrieved" error
message from the proxy.

With localhost listed in the no_proxy setting, why would this happen?

--CB
-
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain information that is company confidential or privileged. Any technical data in this message may be exported only in accordance with the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR Parts 120-130) or the Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR Parts 730-774). Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for delivering to the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message. If you have received this email in error, please delete it, and advise the sender immediately.
-