Re: SMTP+SSL fails with curl_multi_perform

From: Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 18:03:02 +0200

On 22 October 2010 16:00, Alona Rossen <arossen_at_opentext.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, Alona Rossen wrote:
>
>> I found that SMTP with SSL fails when multi interface is used.
>
>>>It'd be really helpful if you could try to see if you can make a test
> case
>>>against the test suite server that fails this way.
>
> --
>  What is the test suit server? Are not gmail and our internal SSL
> servers good enough? Besides, anyone can access gmail.

The test suite is a set of test programs that the libcurl developers
use to make sure that changes they make to libcurl do not break other
functionality. Also, if there is a bug in libcurl, it helps the
developers to fix the bug (and make sure it stays fixed) if you can
write a test case that can be included in the test suite and which
does not need any external mail server/web server/etc. because
actually, not everybody has a gmail account.

The "test suite server" is presumably an SMTP server that forms part
of the libcurl test suite.

So Daniel was saying that it will be easier to fix the bug (and make
sure it stays fixed) if you can add a test case to the test suite that
demonstrates the problem.

(At least that's what I understand his e-mail to mean.)

The test suite live in the "tests" directory in the curl source tree
and there's a README file with lots of details.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot_at_gmail.com>