CURLOPT_BUFFERSIZE and performance

From: Luboš Doležel <lubos_at_dolezel.info>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:14:19 +0200

Hello,

I use libcurl in FatRat (download manager) and I'm trying to resolve
high CPU usage issues. The CPU usage highly depends on the actual
download speed.

While I'm trying to minimize the cost of my epoll async system, it would
be very helpful if I could increase CURLOPT_BUFFERSIZE above the
hardcoded limit. CURLOPT_BUFFERSIZE has proved to be directly
proportionate to the CPU usage I'm trying to tackle.

The whole {epoll - curl_multi_socket_action - write_callback} cycle has
proved to be quite CPU intensive, half of the CPU usage is in 'system'.

Best regards,

--
Luboš Doležel