Re: Patch: OpenSSL Server Name Indication value should match custom Host header

From: Peter Sylvester <peter.sylvester_at_edelweb.fr>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 12:49:09 +0100

On 11/05/2010 11:02 AM, Hongli Lai wrote:
> I think that what you're saying is that you want to use --proxy as
> some kind of mechanism to override normal DNS resolution. That sounds
> good, but I'm not sure --proxy is the right option for that, I think
> it's confusing because this really isn't about proxy but about DNS
> resolution.
No, it is not that I *want* to use this particular hack.
I just mentionned it to indicate that fiddling around with the
url and header is most likely not the right level ...
> I like the --resolve option. It does look like the cleanest way to
> solve this problem (including certificate matching) is to add a
> feature to Curl to override DNS resolution for a specified list of
> domains, kind of like an in-process /etc/hosts alternative.

... indeed, as I indicated, doing something at
     the "resolve" or connection level seems to be
     a proper way.

and from the standpoint of documentation it is rather simple IMO.