Re: Multipart Problems on Windows

From: David Graf <david.graf_at_28msec.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 17:26:08 +0100

On Windows, I use version 7.21.1.

I tried to test multi-post.c. Unfortunately, there are two problems on Windows. The first one is an include that doesn't work. But that's easy to fix. <sys/time.h> needs to be replaced by <windows.h>. But the second, I couldn't fix. It is the following linker error:

Linking CXX executable curl_example.exe
main.cpp.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _select_at_20 referenced in function _main
curl_example.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
LINK failed. with 2
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\CMake 2.8\bin\cmake.exe"' : return code '0xffffffff'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : retu
rn code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : retu
rn code '0x2'
Stop.

The invocation 'select' doesn't seem to work. Does someone know how to fix that?

Thanks
David

On Nov 8, 2010, at 2:09 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Nov 2010, David Graf wrote:
>
>> I have problems sending multipart curl requests on Windows. On Unix, it works properly. But on Windows, I am not able to make it work. To show you the problem, I attached an example to the email.
>
> Sorry, I have no windows machine to try it out and I find the example a bit hard to follow.
>
> What if you use the simple http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/multi-post.html example, does that work? Or what do you have to change to get it to NOT work?
>
> What libcurl version are you using?
>
> And lastly: you can see exactly what libcurl sends and gets even over HTTPS without any additional tools by using the CURLOPT_DEBUGFUNCTION. An example of how to use it is found here: http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/debug.html
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

David Graf
Software Architect