slow HEAD request

From: David Graf <david.graf_at_28msec.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 20:33:41 +0100

Hello

I have another little problem. I am doing a head request with curl. Code:

#include <iostream>
#include <curl/curl.h>

int main (int argc, const char * argv[]) {
  CURL* curl = curl_easy_init();
  curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_CUSTOMREQUEST, "HEAD");
  curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, "libcurl-agent/1.0");
  curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, "http://www.zorba-xquery.com");
  curl_easy_perform(curl);
  return 0;
}

The code sends the correct request and the correct response is replied by the server. But somehow, curl seems to wait for the body. Of course, the body never arrives and curl waits till some timeout is reached.

Am I doing someting wrong? Do I need to set some additional options?

Regards
David

David Graf
Software Architect