Re: Unsuccessful Login

From: Ralph Mitchell <ralphmitchell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 23:55:46 -0500

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 9:12 PM, Mambo Knave <mamboknave_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> The problem:
> I cannot retrieve/calculate/set the values for Logon.x and Logon.y
> The numbers assigned to them change every time a login is attempted,
> blocking the access in case they are invalid.
> It seems that, before assembling the data string to post, the client has to
> receive back from the host some info/data that allow the setting of the
> values for Logon.x and Logon.y
> I tracked the cookies and I could not find any hint. I also checked the
> Java code in the HTML of the login page: no hints from it.

Near as I can tell, you could hit the random number generator a couple of
times and use whatever numbers come up. Here's why - the Logon input field
looks like this:

       <input NAME="Logon" ALT="Log On" HEIGHT="20" BORDER="0"
              SRC="some_image_link" TYPE="image" WIDTH="78" />

According to this:

   http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#input-control-types

an input box of type=image causes the browser to return the (x,y)
coordinates of the mouse click to be returned. As long as you roll random
numbers that fall within the image size, you should be OK.

I dunno why the app would want the mouse-click coordinates - maybe it
ignores/discards them, maybe it initializes something with them, maybe
something else completely.

Of course, I could be all wrong... :)

Ralph Mitchell