Re: Timout in HTTP data transfer

From: arnuld uttre <arnuld.mizong_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 18:25:02 +0530

> On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 11:44 AM, Dan Fandrich
> <dan_at_coneharvesters.com> wrote:
>

> But what about 50L or 20L?  That would show if the timeout mechanism is
> even working on your platform (I don't think yo said what it is).

These values of 20L, 18L, 21L, 50L too do not work.

> I'm assuming libcurl waits for 60 seconds just before printing that
> last line, right?

Right. Its actually, 1m + 0.186 or 0.156 or 0.146 seconds (as per
Linux's time() command's output)

> Since libcurl doesn't print a timeout log message here,
> I think it's the remote server that's the one closing the connection.

> ..SNIP...

> It wouldn't surprise me if there's
> a bug in the app that closes the connection after 60 sec. instead of sending
> data, or perhaps Apache is closing the connection 60 seconds after the app
> becomes (apparently) nonresponsive.

No it does not. I have checked the same thing with another http client
(Firfox) which receives data after one minute without any errors. I
tried say 20 times or more and it always received data.

--
http://uttre.wordpress.com/2008/05/14/the-lost-love-of-mine/