RE: performance problem with new libcurl on Mac

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 18:58:37 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 4 Dec 2010, Vishakha Vaidya wrote:

Please don't top-post.

> The get operation on multiple files is slower on mac. I tried 7.21.2.

That's not very helpful. I need LOTS of details to be able to tell or figure
out anything. A full cycle where an app requests many files using libcurl
involves a lot of different operations within the library, and I am curious
exactly which of those operations that are slower.

Surely your app is then also slower when you just get a single file?

Is it also slower when you get a very small file or when you get a really big
file? If you wireshark the connections you compare, can you spot any
differences in the timings?

Does it show such a difference independently of the protocol you're using?
Independently of which server(s) you're getting the files from?