Re: Ask for help to get sftp home directory

From: Patrik Thunström <patrik.thunstrom_at_bassetglobal.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2010 09:53:59 +0100

> [Lin Huangyang] Do you mean that I have to explicitly add home directory to sftp URL in order to be at right place once connected? If I don't know the user home directory, is there other way to get to it when connected? Thanks.

I think that the tilde ~ might help you out the way you wish...

If you connect to "sftp://server.blabla.com/~ you should arrive at the
home directory of the user you log in as. Alternatively, you use it with
"sftp://server.blabla.com/~<username>" to arrive at some other user's
home directory.

Best regards
Patrik Thunström / patrik.thunstrom_at_bassetglobal.com