Locking and multi on multiple connections.

From: Michael Menegakis <arxeio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 20:43:40 +0200

I notice an app I'm developing goes fine in terms of locking if
requests are being done at least 0.5-1 sec apart. However, if 2 or 3
are done simultaneously there's high probability of a short lock. This
is important in that app since it's a game.

There's an easy solution of flood protection, however I wonder if
there are any settings that may help in that regard.

It's a common multi which is being populated by easies. The easies are
reused normally; they are not cleaned unnecessarily. In fact they
aren't cleaned at all during operation.

It's a single threaded application. Another implementation I had
started with used pthreads calling an easy for each completely
independently. I believe there was no locking there at all. However,
there was important networking waste since the easies did not
'communicate'.

If it's normal on a single threaded app, I understand.