Re: Locking and multi on multiple connections.

From: Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 13:21:57 -0800

On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 11:03:23PM +0200, Michael Menegakis wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 10:20 PM, Dan Fandrich <dan_at_coneharvesters.com> wrote:
> > What locks are you talking about here? libcurl doesn't use any locks by
> > default (except when using NSS), and in a single-threaded application
> > you don't need to install things like OpenSSL or share locks.
>
> It's on normal http.
>
> I also noticed there may be a short hanging on the first first
> request, probably when the first easy is being loaded to the multi.

You still haven't answered the question: what locks are you talking about?
Or is what you describe as a "lock" just a delay in completing the
transfer? Delays are a completely different matter, and one on the first
request is likely to be due to DNS resolution. If you turn on libcurl
logging or use a packet tracing tool like Wireshark, you should see what
is happening at the point when a delay occurs.

>>> Dan