RE: axTLS patch set

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 23:19:53 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010, Hu, Eric wrote:

> So, the data coming back from tests 301 and 306 are fine. The problem is
> axTLS is reporting a "close notify" alert as an error, so cURL returns a
> non-0 value. This can only be fixed in axTLS, as the data/payload portion
> of the "close notify" packet are not passed up to the caller for inspection
> and the error code (same one reported in tests 311 and 312) is too generic
> to interpret.

Please try asking the axTLS team first to see how they view this issue.

Otherwise I figure we can introduce a way for the test suite to treat the
return code differently for a specific TLS library, or possibly we make the
entire tests get skipped when axTLS is used. Assuming the problem is in the
test and not in the real code.