Re: Locking and multi on multiple connections.

From: Michael Menegakis <arxeio_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 10:42:11 +0200

On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 10:05 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> what you're doing and when these blocks occur and how long they are

The premise is basic. Cycle through the same easier with new available
URLs and find available ones. Call multi perform every cycle of the
app. It does work pretty well 99% of the time. But rarely, it will
block for about 0.4 seconds at most. Since it's critical to the
experience of the app to never block, it's important.

I haven't profiled it yet but I suspect it'll block on multi perform
again. The rest are common string operations on C, unless it blocks on
inserting and removing easies from the multi, or on extracting info
from it.