Re: FTP and CURLMOPT_PIPELINING

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 10:42:49 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010, Dmitri Shubin wrote:

> Is CURLMOPT_PIPELINING supposed to work with FTP transfers?

No. I actually think the docs is pretty clear on this:

     Pass a long set to 1 to enable or 0 to disable. Enabling pipe‐
     lining on a multi handle will make it attempt to perform HTTP
     Pipelining as far as possible for transfers using this handle.

It explicitly says "HTTP pipelining". There's really nothing like pipelining
for FTP.

> When I start 2 FTP downloads from the same server using multi interface with
> this option enabled only one download succeeded.

That's a bug then!

Can you provide source code for a small application that experiences this
failure to help us debug this?