Re: HTTP Pipelining combined with CURLOPT_LOCALPORT

From: Stefan Krause <stefan.krause_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 07:57:27 +0100

On 12/03/2010 01:39 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010, Stefan Krause wrote:
>
>> 1) How is an easy handle allocated to a pipeline inside a multi
>> handle? Is the local port configured for the easy handle a criterion?
>> E.g. would an easy handle with localport 5000 piped over a connection
>> which has local port 6000 ?
>
> I'm not sure we handle two handles bound to different local ports
> correctly if you use them for pipelining. I say try it out and let us
> know what works.
Two handles with different local ports are pipelined over the same
connection. The local ports aren't considered in this case (at least
when the connection is already established). In case no connection
exists yet on a multi handle (pipelined) then a connection is
established bound to the local port of the first easy handle being
processed.

>> Are muliple pipelines within ONE multi handle possible ?
>
> No.

My first thought: Maybe that would be a solution to the behaviour with
the local ports above? All handles with the same local ports are
pipelined over the same conection / pipe. In case no connection for a
local port exists, another pipe is with the local port is created inside
the multi handle and used for all handles with a local port fitting to
that new connection. ?