Bug in asynchronous resolver code?

From: Sonia Gulrajani <soniasainani_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:35:01 -0800

Hi,

Looks like the timeout is not honored in asynchronous name resolution in
curl. I looked at the code (version 7.20.0) , and the expected behavior is
to call Curl_is_resolved repeatedly till timed out or we get a valid
response back, whichever happens first. Curl_is_resolved sets the timeout
for select/poll as 0, which means that these would time out immediately. So,
if the dns name does not get resolved in the first attempt, the function
just returns an error. There is no "polling" happening here.

Thanks,
Sonia