CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER not returning the custom response

From: Vishakha Vaidya <vvaidya_at_adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 17:54:55 +0530

Hi,

I have set the CURLOPT_ERRORBUFFER for an ftp connection, when I upload a file I get a 553 error response. However, I do not get the custom response received with it. I get the debug message that comes after this message. On debugging I found that the error buffer is SessionHandle's state.buffer. Now this buffer contains the custom message after getting the ftp response in Curl_pp_readresp (pingpong.c), however it gets replace by libcurl message "server did not report OK, got 553" in ftp_done(ftp.c<ftp://ftp.c>), I hence lose the custom message server sent. Is this designed to be like that ? Is there a way I can the sever response in error buffer ?

Thanks and regards,

Vish