Re: [patches] Minor examples / documentation related changes

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 17:20:08 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 18 Dec 2010, Brad Hards wrote:

> Three patches attached:

Thanks!

> 0001 completes the SMTP examples work - addresses one comment from David
> Woodhouse, and adds in .gitignore entries (including missing entry for smtp-
> multi)

Your patch added whitespaces that I didn't like, but I edited it and have
applied the Message-ID: part (I did the .gitignore changes myself already
yday).

> 0002 is a warnings fix for printf with size_t arguments (in examples code)

The 'z' flag isn't C90 kosher so I didn't apply that one. I think we need to
opt for a typecast rather to make it C90 compliant. We have a printf() clone
provided in libcurl, but I don't want to encourage apps to use that so I don't
think using that is a good idea even if it would a way to avoid this issue.

> 0003 is a typo fix for lib/pingpong.c comments.

Applied.

I also did a little socket type cleanup myself, and these commits have been
pushed. (One of the changes was done by your 0002 patch, but I did it slightly
different as you may notice.)

For info: I've now all the latest example source codes from git automatially
get put into a zip file for download on the site, in the examples section:
http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/example.html

Whenever we update or add examples to the git repo, that zip file will have
the complete collection for easy download.