Re: curl_easy_perform crash in Curl_do after Curl_reconnect_request has been called

From: Pasha Kuznetsov <b4uuzv3dgk_at_snkmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 12:49:00 -0600

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

>> I believe the code above should be modified along the following lines:
>> result = Curl_reconnect_request(connp);
>> conn = *connp;
>
> So could you repeat this problem so that you could verify that this actually
> also solved your problem?

We couldn't reproduce it on demand, although the crash has been
occurring quite often on my workstation. I thought it was caused
by a combination of VPN and/or AV software closing connections
quicker than Curl recycled them on its own.

After the change above has been done two days ago, I haven't seen
a single crash in the new build, while the old build crashed a couple
of times in a similar manner.

I guess this confirms that the change above did help, but in case it
didn't completely took care of the issue I'll follow up here.

--
Pasha Kuznetsov
MetaCommunications Engineering