Re: HTTP Pipelining combined with CURLOPT_LOCALPORT

From: Stefan Krause <stefan.krause_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 11:16:30 +0100

On 12/18/2010 11:20 PM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Dec 2010, Stefan Krause wrote:
>
>> When I understand you correctly, then the only thing to do to support
>> multiple pipelines is to take care, that the local port for easy
>> handles is taken into account. Libcurl then pipes requests for
>> existing connections or opens new connections in case a connection
>> with the local port does not exist yet. Then multiple pipelines may
>> exist within one multi handle. I'm not familiar with the libcurl
>> source code in detail, but from logical point of view that should work.
>
> Yes that's exactly what I meant. It could be clarified that this would
> allow multiple pipelines to the _same_ target host. It already
> supports multiple pipelines if you just use different host names.

Multiple pipelines to the same target host are then ok, as the user
explicitly chose a dedicated local port binding. Especially, in case a
custom IP routing based on local ports is applied, it is necessary to
use the local ports as configured, as otherwise a source port based
routing is not possible,because the source ports may differ from the
configured ones.

Do you plan to make this change ?

Best regards,
Stefan