CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION taking long => problematic?

From: Felix E. Klee <felix.klee_at_inka.de>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 13:11:21 +0100

I plan to write a daemon that will download data from web services
(HTTP) and write it to a database. And I wonder if I would run into a
problem if the database operations in CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION take very
long. Some questions:

* When CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION is executed, all parallel downloads are
  paused - right?

* If CURLOPT_WRITEFUNCTION takes, say, 10 seconds, would that be a
  problem? When does the average remote server become impatient and
  close a connection?