RE: Sending an e-mail

From: Patrick Monnerat <Patrick.Monnerat_at_datasphere.ch>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 22:56:58 +0100

Alex Solanos wrote:

> I am trying to send an email through SMTP and gmail. I get output
error 'Login denied' (see attached screenshot for output).
> I am sure that the login and the password are correct. I triple-tested
them! I am trying to make a simple program
> in C++ in order to automate a bit the mailing process (there are good
tools for this but I found them "heavy" for
> any system!), so I want to make something "light" for my own purposes
only! Note that I am trying to attach a file to
> this email (my_attachment.tar.gz)

!!!!!!!!!!! Your attached screenshot tells the whole universe what your
password is !!! CHANGE IT ASAP !!!!!!!!!!

> This is the code I use:
> #define FROM "mymail_at_gmail.com"
> #define TO "mymail_at_gmail.com"

Your authentication has been accepted by the gmail server (235 2.7.0
accepted), but the "MAIL FROM command has a syntax error: you have to
enclose e-mail addresses in <>.

Try: