alternative VC Makefiles

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 22:58:53 +0100

Hi,

As I need better makefile for our PHP bindings on Windows and as my
previous patch won't make it, I took an easiest way and rewrote them
completely. It is not backward compatible but easier to use, at least
for me :):

http://github.com/pierrejoye/curl/blob/master/winbuild/Makefile.vc

The usage is very straightforward:

nmake /f Makefile.vc VC=9 WITH_SSH2=static WITH_SSL=dll
WITH_ZLIB=static USE_IPV6=1 WITH_DEVEL=g:\\lib_builds\vc9\x86\deps
WINDOWS_SSPI=1 EMBEND_MANIFEST=1 mode=dll all

will build a libcurl DLL and curl.exe with ssl (dll), zlib (static),
ssh2 (static), SSPI and IPv6 support.

It also generates the zip distribution archive.

The next todos are:

- more cleanup :)
- custom build and dist dir
- install support
- add tests support (with valgrind equivalent on windows as next prio)

It is non intrusive and I will keep it synced as much as I can with
the current master tree. So simply copy the directory and makefile
over should work smoothly.

That's all for the 2nd shot.

Comments and feedbacks welcome, patches too :)

Cheers,

--
Pierre