Re: alternative VC Makefiles

From: Vincent Torri <vincent.torri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 23:14:02 +0100

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Pierre Joye <pierre.php_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Vincent Torri <vincent.torri_at_gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > . So I would say:
> >
> > * the autotools
> > * a Makefile for vc++
> > * drop cmake
>
> CMake support has maintainers and they do a great job, I don't see why
> it should be dropped :)

quote from Daniel Stenberg:

"libcurl's cmake support is also flaky, at best, and I was told the other
day that it is broken again. We simply don't have anyone around closely
enough to maintain the cmake build at a good quality."

Also, what is the interest of having several build systems for a library ?
The autotools provide a tarball with a shell script which can be used
anywhere. It is sufficient.

> > simple enough, and not too much work to maintain. You can even cross
> compile
> > libcurl for Windows CE with the autotools (maybe) :p
>

> Btw, if you like or need to, we can add the CE builds options for the
> makefile as well. But I will need some hands for that, as I do not
> develop for CE.

I use cegcc for cross compilation.

Vincent Torri