RE: Gmail / SMTP +SSL

From: Alona Rossen <arossen_at_opentext.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:35:23 -0500

>>>Wow. That looks like a problem in the SSL layer (see the
>>>smtp_state_starttls_resp() function). When EHLO is sent, libcurl has
already negotiated >>>SSL on the connection and that EHLO is supposed to
get a 2** response back. Instead it >>>seems to get rubbish back...

> This is libcurl 7.21.0

>>>Ok, I don't think we've changed anything major since then in the SMTP
department but can >>>we please start with 7.21.3 and as application we
use the code from docs/examples/smtp->>>multi.c?

>>>AFAIR you tried this on several platforms? Did you run it under
Linux? Did it fail there >>>as well?

Yes, we tried it on Linux and Solaris - same result.