Re: alternative VC Makefiles

From: Pierre Joye <pierre.php_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 2010 20:27:43 +0100

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 9:48 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2010, Pierre Joye wrote:
>
>> http://github.com/pierrejoye/curl/blob/master/winbuild/Makefile.vc
>
> Two questions:
>
> - Is there any way we can come up to make the Windows makefile somehow use
> the Makefile.inc list of files rather than to have its own private list of
> files? I would even consider a bootstrap script that generates the list in a
> VC-friendly way a better approach than the two-list one.

Done, it uses now Makefile.inc from src/ or lib/, except for the more
trickier ..lib/.c files included in the command build. I've to do them
manually (maybe there is a solution to still include them magically
but I failed so far :)

It uses now two Makefile, one bootstrap to generate local Makefile.inc
for src and lib. The reasons to do that is the lack of loops support
to process macros/lists. Doing so still allows one to use a custom
build directory.

Cheers,

--
Pierre