Re: Segmentation fault using libcURL

From: Alessio Sangalli <alesan_at_manoweb.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 11:04:08 -0800

On 12/26/2010 10:16 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> If you use the stock synchronous name resolver you won't be able to time out
> name resolves without signals.

OK. While I confirm that settinc CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL allows my program to
run reliably it seems, I have seen that the configure script has the
following option (which I am not currently using):

--enable-threaded-resolver

Will this "help" in my case? I am not using the c-ares resolver for now.

Under what circumstances a name resolution will lead to a timeout? An
unresponsive/slow server? The nameserver is not configured correctly or
there is no route?

bye and thank you for the insights!
as