Re: Server-sent events with libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 19:49:43 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 28 Dec 2010, amit paliwal wrote:

>> Sending a HTTP GET with libcurl doesn't sound like "custom use" to me. It
>> sounds like one of the most commonly used features it has...
>
> but my question is not just to send GET, my question is receiving
> asynchronous HTTP responses containing SSE

We've gone over that part in length already.

> and then replying to it by HTTP GET

You don't really "reply" to it, you send a separate GET.

> and not just sending HTTP GET and also HTTP GET to contain a payload.

That's unusual, but certainly possible with libcurl.

> normal flow is send HTTP GET and receive HTTP response

Surely that's what you want as well?

> my requirement is receive HTTP response and send HTTP GET

Eh, no.

Your requirement is:

  send request
  receive response that contains SSE
  send GET with payload as "reply"
  receive response

> that is why I said it is reverse scenario.

It is in no way a reversed scenario. It is HTTP as usual.