Re: Server-sent events with libcurl

From: amit paliwal <amit.ambitions_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 13:59:27 -0500

I am sorry Daniel but still you are taking em wrong. Please see my comments
below.

On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 1:49 PM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Dec 2010, amit paliwal wrote:
>
> Sending a HTTP GET with libcurl doesn't sound like "custom use" to me. It
>>> sounds like one of the most commonly used features it has...
>>>

>> but my question is not just to send GET, my question is receiving
>> asynchronous HTTP responses containing SSE
>>

> We've gone over that part in length already.

Reply: simpe question

Will curl call my callback function upon receiving SSE from Server and these
SSE will be on top oog HTTP response?? and if I receive I will have to reply
for this SSE in the form of HTTP GET with payload, here HTTP GET is reply to
SSE and not a separate GET.

> and then replying to it by HTTP GET
>>

> You don't really "reply" to it, you send a separate GET.
>

> and not just sending HTTP GET and also HTTP GET to contain a payload.
>>

> That's unusual, but certainly possible with libcurl.
>

> normal flow is send HTTP GET and receive HTTP response
>>

> Surely that's what you want as well?

In my flow after initial HTTP GET i can keep on receiving HTTP response
messages which will be containing SSE and I will reply to these SSE by
sending another HTTP GET.

Now is that possible?