Newbie Proglem with Compile

From: <Medsyntel_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 17:00:21 -0500 (EST)

Hi:

    I'm a newbie with Curl, but use Borlands/BCC55 as the final compiler
for my CGI app executable

    I'd like to build the libcurl library and link it in with my other
libs. So, I downloaded the latest version of libcurl, and then I got into the
C:\curl\ ..\lib sub-dir on my Windows XP Pro (sp3) machine and enterd the
following command:

    C:\borland\bcc55\bin\make -f Makefile.b32

    The compile went perfectly for approx four C modules, then crashed
while compiling progress.c !

    The error message was:

    progress.c:
    Error E2451 progress.c 74: Undefined symbol 'ONE_KILOBYTE' in function
max5data
    Error E2451 progress.c 77: Undefined symbol 'ONE_KILOBYTE' in function
max5data

    *** 2 errors in Compile ***

    I note that the symbol 'ONE_KILOBYTE' *is* defined in lines about the
offending ones.

    Altho, I use (invisibly) the C- compiler for my work, it is mostly
out-of-sight 'below me in the compile chain' because I work solely in the
harbour language (_www.xharbour.org_ (http://www.xharbour.org) ) -- which
'compiles' into C, then is recompiled thru BCC55 (out of sight and out of mind
until now).

Can anyone suggest a way I can continue with building the libcurl library ?

Thank you !

-Mel Smith
Mesa, AZ, USA