Re: TLS security in Curl

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2011 22:30:32 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011, amit paliwal wrote:

>> How will the HTTP response be taken as partial at HTTP layer and not as
>> full. Is there a specific sub header or a field??? your answer to this will
>> solve all my worries. thanks a lot.
>
> Is it donw on the basis of MIME-TYPe, for e.g. if my MIME-TYPE is
> text/event-stream then it means more events are supposed to come???

No.

The response is quite simply partial as long as it hasn't ended. Any HTTP
transfer can pause at any moment and there's nothing in the protocol that says
it can't sit there quiet for 24 hours and then continue again.

This is normal HTTP, it is really nothing special about it.

This same fact has now been said 22 different ways. I can't wait until number
23.