Re: Porting CURL to the AirplaySDK environment

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2011 00:50:20 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 9 Jan 2011, Vsevolod Novikov wrote:

> I've made a custom configuration for the CURL under AirplaySDK, but met some
> stability problems. They look like some memory overwriting bug, look to the
> www.airplaysdk.com/node/2876 page for details. The problem is that the bug
> itself doesn't affect the running program immediatelly, but probably
> destroys some memory structires instead, so the result is a segmentation
> fault on the broken stack. I really don't know what I can do more. Any idea?

If you write up an application code that runs fine elsewhere but crashes on
your host, then it of course indicates something with your port or third party
libs rather than libcurl itself (assuming no compiler bugs of course). If it
crashes on host too, it is probably easier to track down (using for example
valgrind under Linux).

In the URL above you mention your own resolver code, are you 100% sure that is
not involved? What if you run the "stock" resolver instead, does it still
crash?