libcurl waits indefinitely for data

From: arnuld uttre <arnuld.mizong_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 21:09:31 +0530

I am using libcurl API in software I am building for my employer. I am
using libcurl to execute a PHP script on LAN and get some data back
(using CURLOPT_URL). PHP script sends back some data which I save
using a code almost identocal to this:

http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/getinmemory.html

libcurl saves data fine almost 99.9% of the time but on very rare
occasions it waits for infinite amount of time and never returns from
there. Somtimes it runs fine for 4 days and then goes into infinite
wait condition like I mentioned. I have to wait for 2-4 days to
reproduce the bug. I have 2 threads and both threads use/destroy
their own curl_easy handles. Its always the case that in one
particular thread curl stops working. I tried setting
CURLOPT_NOSIGNAL to 1 and still no luck. Have turned on
CURLOPT_VERBOSE option and have to wait for 2-4 days to get that
problem. Posted it because I thought I will get some advice if
someone already faced this issue.

--
http://uttre.wordpress.com/2008/05/14/the-lost-love-of-mine/