Problems Authenticating Wirm services using Negotiate

From: amit nanda <amitnan83_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:19:25 +0530

Hi,

I want to collect windows event logs from a Windows 2008 system via Winrm
webservice on the windows box. I have written service using LibCurl that
subscribes to the Winrm service and then i am able to fetch events from the
source using the same subscription.

I am able to fetch events correctly via Basic authentication using
CURLAUTH_BASIC flag, but i want to use Negotiate authentication protocol, so
when i use CURLAUTH_GSSNEGOTIATE flag even then its using the Basic
authentication protocol only. I saw this while running the service with
CURLOPT_VERBOSE true and also verified this by disabling the basic protocol
on Windows event source.
Is there any more configuration that is required to be done to support
Negotiate protocol. I have build the curl library with openssl.

Please also let me know if any more information is required about the
problem

Thanks and Regards
Amit Nanda