RE: axTLS patch set

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 19:56:58 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011, Hu, Eric wrote:

> Regarding test 560 (use of axTLS with the multi interface), it turns out
> that axTLS does not support non-blocking read/write operations. According
> to Cam (axTLS maintainer) this is by design to keep the binary footprint and
> memory use to an absolute minimum. The easiest thing to do is just note
> somewhere in the docs that axTLS does not support the multi interface.

That's a pity I think... But yes, we should at least start with documenting
this. Somewhere. Possibly another lib/README.* file in the same style we
already have a bunch.

> The other extreme is to have the multi interface turned off when
> "--with-axtls" is specified in the configure line.

We don't currently have a way to build libcurl without the multi interface so
it'd take a little work to get that going. Of course it would further decrease
the footprint...

> Perhaps a happy medium is to have axtls.c notice when an FD is non-blocking.

The socket is always set non-blocking within libcurl so that won't help us!